Who we are
Cognissart – Alison Wake, Textile Artist. Our website address is: https://cognissart.co.uk
This privacy notice applies to information submitted on the cognissart website, and any personal information collected during your interaction with Cognissart as a business.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you interact with our website, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
Some of this personal information is necessary for order processing. The provision of all other personal information is voluntary, but may be necessary in order to comply with legal obligations
We may also collect personal information, as described below
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers and email address when you place an order with us.
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction.
- You may also provide us other information through a web form, from cookies and similar technologies
- and from other sources such as email, verbal and written correspondence
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Information collected will not be used for marketing purposes other than my newsletter, where consent has been given. Data will be held confidentially and not shared with any third party as per Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We may disclose your personal information to certain third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to comply with our legal obligations or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities. We attempt to minimise the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Our specific retention times for personal information vary based on context of the Services we provide and on our legal obligations. Purchase data will be held for a minimum of 6 years.
If we are subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation we may retain your personal information for longer. Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or personal information retained for the purposes of litigation. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties for the following purposes:
- MailChimp – Process and delivery of Cognissart newsletter
- Third party service providers who help us to provide our Services, payment processing services, to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation, and investigation of potentially illegal acts, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection, and other business operations.
- Third party postage providers (e.g., Royal Mail, DHL, UPS, USPS, etc.) with whom we share delivery address, contact information and shipment tracking information for the purposes of facilitating the delivery of items purchased and other delivery related communications.
- Law enforcement, legal proceedings and as authorised by law. We may disclose your personal information to help detect, investigate, mitigate and prevent potentially fraudulent and illegal acts, and data security breaches. To law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorised third-parties, in response to a verified request or legal process relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that exposes us, or you, to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry.
Your contact information
We use your personal information to provide and improve our Services, process orders, contact you about your orders, provide you customer service, provide you with advertising and marketing (with your consent), and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
You have choices about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information (newsletter), and whether you want to continue receiving marketing communications.
How we protect your data
We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are password protection, firewalls and data encryption, and physical access controls to our data storage.
If you have a question or a complaint about this privacy notice or our information handling practices, you can contact Alison Wake at 1 School View, Flagg, Buxton SK17 9QT, UK.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your right to file complaints with a data protection supervisory authority remains unaffected.